The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of June 6, 2022 through June 10, 2022, and they are as follows:
Eversource will work on the main gas relays:
• Main relay on Phillips Rd from Holly Tree Ln to Route 140
• Main relay on Nauset St from Mt. Pleasant to Hathaway Rd.
• The City (DPI) will carry out work at the intersection of Rockdale Avenue and Allen Street for the assembly of the water main. Diversions will be in place during working hours. The shutdown of the water main must take place, all departments involved will receive a 24 hour notice with the date, time and estimated duration of the shutdown.
• The contractor (PA Landers) will work on the Union Street-Phase II road reconstruction project (Sixth Street to County Street). Paving of the roadway and excavation of the sidewalks will take place. Detours and block closures may be required, signage and police details will be in place.
• The contractor (PA Landers) will work on the following roads in preparation for repaving the top layer: Orchard Street (Union St to Arnold St), Weld Street (Summer St to Myrtle St), Gifford St (Morton Ct to terminus) and Valentine Street (intersection of Brock Ave and intersection of W. Rodney French Blvd).
• The contractor (PA Landers) will work on the MassDOT project, Kings Highway, for the reconstruction of roads and sidewalks along portions of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• The contractor (JH Lynch) will continue work on the MassDOT project, improvements at the Rockdale Avenue and Allen Street intersections. Detours can sometimes be put in place. Signage and police coordinates posted for detours.
• The contractor (PA Landers) will work to reconstruct sidewalks along part of Cove Road from Padanaram Avenue to Orchard Street.
• The contractor (PA Landers) will be working on various streets throughout the city to do minor repairs and installations.
• The contractor (INDUS) will seal cracks on various roads throughout the city.
• The contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue work on site at the locations of future South Coast Rail station platforms in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have any questions, please email the project team at [email protected]
**Please note: Contractors will continue to follow COVID-19 social distancing guidelines and protocol when carrying out work in the construction zone.