TORONTO, Sept. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Travel app Visited, which was developed by Arriving In High Heels Corporation, has released the Top 10 most visited ancient sites in the world. The data comes from over one million international travelers who have used the travel app to mark famous ancient sites, countries and other popular places and experiences to visit. The popular travel app has been translated into 30 languages and is free to download from the App Store and Google Play Store.
The top 10 ancient sites include:
1) The Colosseum in Rome, Italy is the most visited ancient site in the world.
2) The Acropolis in Athens, Greece is the 2nd most visited ancient structure in the world.
3) Pompeii, Italy which is a famous ancient city destroyed by the explosion of Vesuvius in 79 AD.
4) Stonehenge, England consists of vertical menhirs each about 13 feet high and seven feet wide, and weighing about 25 tons.
5) Athenian Agora, Greece is the 2nd most visited ancient site in Greece and the 5th in the world.
6) Chichen Itza, Mexico is one of the largest Mayan centers on the Yucatan Peninsula, just minutes from the beaches of the Riviera Maya. Its history spans 1,000 years, with stone monuments and artistic works from the Maya and Toltec civilizations. It is the most visited ancient site in the Americas.
seven) The Great Pyramid of Giza Egypt is considered one of the greatest marvels of architecture.
8) Machu Picchu, Peru is the highlight of any visit to Peru. It sits high in the Andes Mountains below the Urubamba River Valley. There are intriguing buildings with astronomical alignments and panoramic views that will delight and amaze visitors eager to learn the mysteries of the Inca civilization.
9) Tulum, Mexico is the 2nd most visited ancient site in Mexico, followed by nearby Chichen Itza. This 13th century fortified Maya is the last known Maya city, overlooks the sea and is surrounded by jungle.
ten) Roman baths, built in Roman times, are a few hours from London, UK.
About Visited Travel Map app:
The list feature lets users not only select the sites they’ve visited, but also see how they rank against other travelers. Users will find travel listings that match their interests, such as food and drink, nature, history, culture, architecture, religious sites, sporting events, and more. Popular lists include: world capitals, ancient sites, cruise port lists, best beaches, best snorkeling spots, mountain ranges, and art museums. Travel listings are sorted by popularity from over 1.45 million international travelers who have installed the Visited app.
There are endless places to visit and having data from other world travelers will help users create their own bucket lists and personalized plans.
With the ability for users to create their own digital scratch map with past and future travel by country, region/state and city, users can easily track their personal travel goals and get personalized insights into key stats such as trip ranking, percentage. of the world seen, and the total number of countries visited.
Users can also take advantage of the Inspiration feature to discover new destinations with an intuitive swiping experience. By scanning popular and less visited travel locations, users can easily view and plan their next adventure on the Visited app.
To learn more about the Visited app and its latest feature update, please visit https://visitedapp.com/.
About Arriving In High Heels Corporation
Arriving In High Heels Corporation is a mobile application company. Visited is its most popular app. Other apps include Pay Off Debt and X-Walk.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/371fa14f-017f-4011-b032-f9a6016fbcfa